Total Pageviews

Friday 9 May 2008

Prayer for the Single

Single woman: As a single woman, I pray you will be proud of who you are. Being single is not an affliction; it is a blessing, and a season in one’s life. I pray you will not grow weary in faith. All hope is not lost. No matter how long you have been waiting and hoping, I pray that you will not be disappointed and your expectation will not be cut off. I pray as you wait for God’s chosen man for your life, that you will not give up at the edge of your miracle. Delay does not mean denial, so if you feel it is taking too long, I pray that patience will do its full work in you. I pray that your testimony will be great and people will be able to testify and say of you, “This is the Lord’s doing, it is marvellous in our eyes.” May you marry God’s chosen husband for you and not someone else’s husband in Jesus Name. When your husband sees you, I pray he will not be confused, I pray that he will know without a shadow of doubt that you are God’s chosen wife for him. I pray that you will not marry a counterfeit husband, a liar or an adulterer. I pray that you will not compromise and settle for less. As you are in the waiting period, I pray that your confession will line up with the Word of God for your life. I pray that you will confess those things that are not as though they are. I pray that you will be able to appropriate your faith and see yourself as married in a joyous and peaceful home. I pray that you will be a virtuous woman and that your marriage will be fruitful and full of joy. The Bible instructs us to decree a thing and it shall come to pass, so I decree today that those who have despised you will in turn come and honour you. I decree that you will marry and bear children; I decree that though it may tarry your blessing will surely come. I decree again that you will marry in Jesus Name. God bless you as you keep standing.
Single man: As a single man waiting for a beautiful woman, I pray that you will look at the heart and not only at what you see, as all that glitters is not gold. May God give you a woman with a golden heart and a beautiful character. As a man of integrity, I pray that you will be honest and truthful and not lead any woman astray. I pray that when you meet the person God has appointed for you that you will not be confused and that you will approach her with kindness, honesty and boldness. I pray that you will not marry another man’s wife or marry a Jezebel. May your wife be an Esther for her generation. I pray that you will not be deceitful, wicked or cruel but that you will take your time to pray so that you will be happy in your future marriage. As a single man, I pray that your passions will not overtake and control you but that you will be able to exercise the spirit of self-control at all times. I pray that God will prepare you in maturity so that you will be able to handle the responsibility that comes with marriage. May you be whole and fulfilled as a single man. I pray that all your insecurities will be washed away by the word of God. He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favour from the Lord (Proverbs 18:22), may you find favour from the Lord at all times. May your expectation never be cut off. Finally, I pray that you will marry a woman who will be your friend, your lover and a partner for life. May God help you to make the right choice in Jesus’ Name. Amen.
(Written by Ladé, 2008 © All rights reserved.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you

Anonymous said...

Thank you

Anonymous said...

God bless you for such a wonderful prayer. Been prayer along these lines today. i feel a bit lonely.